Monday, October 24, 2011

Pandas everywhere :D

The annual carnival for Blizzard Entertainment just closed its curtain last Saturday. I enjoyed most of the show. Blizzard gave fans a lot of info about the next expansion of WoW and Diablo 3. I was really shocked that Blizzard brought Pandas and countless Chinese elements into the game design. And they did an amazing job. Let's appreciate these art works that bring me a lot of old time memories when I was living in China.

Pandas are everywhere these days. haha

I especially love this one because the color be used makes the whole picture very unified, and it is really very Chinese style. The painting and the calligraphy on the wall remind me a lot of things. Also, the big pillars is very traditional Asian architecture.


This one is very cold in color, and makes me feel a little bit depressed. The only warm color in this picture is the lamp and make it stand out. It perfectly applied to the color theory that cold colors tend to recede while warm colors tend to advance. That is how color can create illusion of space which is depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment